WHAT IS IT?
Ever thought of a change in career to become a florist or even doing your own/friends wedding flowers?
You can test the water before diving in deep with this one day floristry course that covers the Grace and Thorn fundamentals of floristry including conditioning, preparing flowers and the all important equipment you need. The day is very much an open forum and you can ask any question you wish about how to run floristry, we want you to leave excited, enriched and ready to get into floristry!
Floristry is hard work so we will keep you well refreshed throughout the day and then we will stop for a lunch break.
- Saturday 3rd August
Grace and Thorn Poplar Studio
Unit A.01, Poplar Business Park, 10 Preston’s Road, London, E14 9RL
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be shown the basis of how to make a medium sized loose hand-tied bouquet using the spiralling. Tuition includes, how to use of different types of flowers and how they work with each other, colour palettes, placement of flowers and overall presentation of the bouquet. We also show you how to wrap and aqua pack them. You will be able to take this home with you.
Using a pickle jar we will show you the basis for making most vase arrangements which can be applied to any size vessel. We will start by talking you through, flower options, colour palettes, placement of flowers. You will learn how the secret of building a natural gird system which allows those flowers to sing and dance and BREATHE! You will be able to take this home with you.
LARGE GROUP INSTALLATION
Lastly we have the group session where you will be shown how to make a stand-alone foam-free flower arch. The mechanics of floristry is something which is very hard to fathom! Trust us we have scratched our heads on before many a job! But we will show you how to its done and you will leave confident that you can go off and make one for your any event!! **you can't take this home with you!*
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Some strong and steady hands and a hangover free head as you’ll need to concentrate!
- A strong bag as you will need to take your design home with you
- Something to take pictures with!
- We are unable to accept refunds within 14 days of the event.
- Often our workshops sell out months in advance so we cannot incur the costs of last minute changes. However, if the workshop has not sold out, we will offer a credit note to be used at another workshop to at least the same value. This is conditional upon 24 hours written notice given to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This credit note is valid once only so once a new booking has been agreed, further changes cannot be accepted.